Cobra Brushless Multirotor Motors offer performance and value for Your RC Models. They are built from high quality components, and are designed to give years of top-level performance. All Cobra Motors are shipped in a custom designed package that features protective foam on all sides, with separate compartments to protect the motor and accessory pack.
The Cobra CM-2204 series motors have a 3.0mm motor shaft for extra strength, as well as oversize ball bearings to support the shaft and provide a long life. The stators are made with 0.20mm laminations for maximum efficiency and minimum Eddy Current losses. Since these motors are typically soldered directly to the speed controller to save weight, the 2204 motors come without bullet connectors and feature extended pre-tinned motor leads that are 4-1/2 inches (110mm) long. These motors also have 3mm threaded holes in a 16x19mm pattern on the back plate for easy installation on your model.
The newest version of the CM-2204 series motors feature an integrated 5mm threaded motor shaft which eliminates the chance of having a prop adapter spin off in flight. The included prop washer and nylon insert prop nut provides a solid attachment for your propellers that will not loosen up and slip during use.
Included with every Cobra CM-2204 Series Motor is a complete accessory package which contains the following items:
- Four M3x5mm Motor Mount Screws
- Four M3 Flat Washers
- Machined Aluminum Prop Washer
- Locking Prop Nut with Nylon Insert
Cobra 2204/28 Motor Specifications:
- Stator Diameter 22.0 mm (0.866 in)
- Stator Thickness 4.0 mm (0.157 in)
- Number of Stator Slots 12
- Number of Magnet Poles 14
- Motor Wind 28 Turn Delta
- Motor Kv Value 2300 RPM per Volt
- No Load Current (Io) 0.66 Amps @ 8 Volts
- Motor Resistance (Rm) per Phase 0.126 Ohms
- Motor Resistance (Rm) Phase to Phase 0.084 Ohms
- Maximum Continuous Current 15 Amps
- Max Continuous Power (2-cell Li-Po) 110 Watts
- Max Continuous Power (3-cell Li-Po) 165 Watts
- Motor Weight 24.6 grams (0.87 oz.)
- Outside Diameter 27.0 mm (1.063 in.)
- Shaft Diameter 3.00 mm (0.118 in.)
- Motor Body Length 14.2 mm (0.559 in.)
- Overall Shaft Length 32.5 mm (1.145 in.)
- Motor Timing 5-10 degrees
- PWM Frequency 8 KHz
The following downloadable PDF files show the performance data curves of the Cobra CM-2204/28 motor, over its entire throttle range, with a variety of propellers. These graphs can be downloaded and printed to use as a reference for calculating power requirements at specific thrust levels, and enable the user to calculate flight times, current draw and other motor parameters. CM-2204-28.
This downloadable PDF file shows the step by step process to use for interpreting the data shown in the Motor Performance Graphs. By following this procedure, you can determine how to select a proper motor for a Multirotor aircraft, as well as calculate required power levels, determine overall prop efficiency and calculate expected flight times based on the battery size that is used. This document can be printed out and saved as a valuable reference tool to keep in your workshop for future use as well.Motor Performance Graph Instructions.